PARENT MEETING INFORMATION
There will be an IMPORTANT parent meeting in March. Key topics that will be discussed are:
- Medical Release Forms and Physicals: Should be completed and turned in by March 13th (see LINK above)
- Participation Fee: All participation fees and scholarship forms need to be turned into the office before our first game.
- Uniforms: The program provides each player with a uniform, but each player needs to purchase their own socks. There are three pair, (white, orange, and black) which Coach has for an additional cost. Extras are available.
- Player Flags: At home soccer games, an orange flag with your daughter's name on it will be flown. When your daughter is a senior, the flag will be signed by the entire team and given to your daughter at the banquet. Parents purchase the flag at the start of the first season your daughter plays. The cost is to follow soon ($).
- Concession Stand: ALL parents are asked to sign up. JV parents usually work Varsity games and Varsity parents usually work JV games. There are more Varsity games than JV games. A sign up sheet will be at the PARENT meeting so PLEASE bring your calendars!
- Away Game Meals: Parents are asked to team up with another parent and provide a meal for the girls to eat on the bus prior to or after away games. A sign up sheet will be at the PARENT meeting!
Parent Sign Up
The Elk Rapids High School Soccer program is successful for many reasons, one of which is the PARENT support and involvement. Below are the areas in which Coach Krakow would like parents to coordinate the details:
- Player Flags
- Concession Stand
- Schedule of Home Team Meals/ Away Meals
- Ball girls/boys
- Announcing during HOME Games: Jim Trierweiler
- Clock during HOME games: Dennis Wagner
We must fundraise in order to continue to raise money to support our soccer program needs. Coach typically runs a youth soccer camp
the week after school is out for children age 5-13 years old and all of the Soccer Team girls are expected to work the camp.
We also have a garage sale
the Friday and Saturday (morning only) of Memorial Day Weekend. The parents and players are expected to contribute time in order to set up, work the sale, or clean up. Milton Township Hall is already reserved for us!